Versatile, accomplished, and results-driven professional with substantial experience in managing all facets of accounting, internal audits, consolidation, financial reporting, key account management, and enterprise risk management for top-tier organizations, while ensuring consistent attainment of the most challenging objectives with unequalled success.
Analytical and solutions-orientated Chartered Accountant with 15+ years of experience in monitoring and reconciling company’s accounts to attain long-term success.
Excel at liaising with external auditors and implementing changes to internal accounting practices to meet regulatory requirements. Proven record of success in preparing general ledger accounts, delivering cash flow forecasting, complying company with regulatory requirement, leading A/P accountants, and investigating and resolving various accounting discrepancies. Demonstrated history of delivering year-end audits, statutory accounts, and corporation tax services for number of limited company clients. Trusted problem-solver with attention to detail, commitment to quality, identifying troublesome areas, and implementing corrective measures. An elite and refined communicator, able to translate leadership’s vision into executable plans for team to follow.
Areas of Expertise
• Key Account Management
• Financial & Operational Audits
• Cross-Functional Collaboration
• FCPA & Fraud Investigation
• Continuous Process Improvement
• Enterprise Risk Management
• US GAAP Principle
• Consolidation & Variance Analysis
• External Reporting & SEC Filings
• SOX Compliance & Vendor Audits
• Team leadership & Development
• Problem Analysis & Resolution
• Stakeholder Engagement
• Strategy Development & Execution
• Financial Performance Optimization
Day-to-day Job Duties of an Accountant/Accounts Manager
• Direct overall activities related to accounting, including monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
• Oversee end-to-end facts related to footnotes and disclosures, while supporting schedules as per set U.S. GAAP/SEC requirements.
• Administer day-to-day operations surrounding MD&A and GAAP checklists to assess interim events for disclosure in 8-K filing forms.
• Head SEC reporting functions, encompassing proxy statements, earnings release/scripts, investor relations presentation, 8-K, and 10-Q preparation/filing.
• Ensure adequate adherence to SEC requirements and accuracy of internal reporting deliverables by co-operating with various professionals across diverse departments such as controllers, investor relations, tax, treasury, FP&A, accounting research, legal, and external auditors. Lead technical accounting to confirm new accounting standards.
• Assess potential impact regarding organizations’ financials and suggest updates on current accounting policies.
• Supervise high-performance team of six accountants to ensure month-end closing, journal entry posting, and monthly internal financial reporting/analysis for CFO/senior management/board of directors.
• Perform end-to-end accounting activities, associated with reporting for products completion and service line, while representing $60+M in annual revenue.
• Supervise high-exposure accounts, involving deferred/accrued revenue, unbilled services, and CAPEX expenditures.
• Steer annual audits and government filings associated with eleven benefit plans, encompassing most extensive Halliburton 401(k) plan.
Achievements or Accomplishments
- Coordinated with external actuary firm to achieve ASC715 valuation for global Halliburton material retirement plans with $5M in PBO (Projected Benefit Obligation).
- Converted unstructured GL transitions data to structured data table.
Reduced 30% reporting time and improved quality by remodeling account reconciliation templates.
- Developed global SharePoint site for seamless request, approval, and audit process of top-side journal entries to achieve shorter closing window, improved accuracy, and better control environment.
- Saved $10M annually by heading termination and government filing for four defined benefit plans.
- Developed real-time platform by utilizing SQL to track slow-moving and excess inventory.
- Reduced unnecessary purchase and improved inventory turnover rate by collaborating with global IT team.
- Decreased annual audits and form 5500 filings by two months through implementation of web filings application, comprising two DC, five DB, and four H&W benefit plans.